Saturday, October 11, 2008

ENVY

I got an email from sister-in-law last night.

I am GREEN.

This is what she said:

I just got back from a trip to Brittany. Went with group of 13 girls!!! Stayed one of the two nights at mum’s and roughed it at friend's the other night. We managed to get ourselves lost on the way back to the airport and missed our flight!! We were trying to work out how and when we could get back to the husbands and kids when we managed to hitch a ride on a private charter flight carrying no less than Mr Darcy himself!! Colin was travelling back from the Brittany film festival along with other actors and film directors and the PR Company took pity on us and let us on their plane. Miracles do happen!

OH MY GOD.

Did I mention I was green?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm green too..........did she get pictures???? Is he as wonderful in person.........details pleeeeease!!!!!

Jen said...

That really is too much to bear. I might be more jealous of the girlie jaunt in France - it sounds like such a fab adventure, regardless of Colin F.

Jenny Beattie said...

Oooh, I don't know Liz. I haven't heard back from her again yet. It didn't escape my notice that she appears to be on first name terms: Colin? Colin?

Spiral, Yeah, that sounds quite fun too, though I'd give up a girlie weekend for an hour and a half in a confined space with CF.

Tamsyn Murray said...

Cor! Who says hitchhikers never get picked up?!

Marcie Steele said...

Ohmigod, JJ, I am sooooooo green. How cool is that.

Funny, my adventures never turn out like that. xx

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

WHAT! So near and yet so far. I only live 15 mins away from Brittany, so cruel.

Lucky sister... sorry I have to stop now, I'm too sick with envy to continue.

Ange said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ange said...

Passing him on the street would have been cool enough... but a plane trip?!!! How lucky is she?!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I am green too! Lucky Lucky her!

Yvonne said...

Oh Mr Darcy...I would drop dead on the spot!

Lane Mathias said...

But was he wearing a wet shirt? We should be told:-)

Liane Spicer said...

No! Wow! Get out of here!

Fiona Mackenzie. Writer said...

I don't know your sister but anyway, please tell her I'm not talking to her.

Jenny Beattie said...

I've emailed my sister in law for more details, but I'm not sure I can handle the information...

I might have to estrange myself from her if she talked to him!

Angie said...

I'll be watching for detail updates!
*sigh* I keep dreaming I'll be compensated for all my bad luck with something like that. :)

Jenny Beattie said...

Angie, still haven't heard back, but will update if there's anything fresh to devour!