Friday, January 14, 2011

Not a Friday Photo


I’ve failed already in my ‘resolution’ to be a better blogger this year. Still, I might be on target with remembering family birthdays, which is my other hope for the year. (I know it's only 14th January and there's plenty of time to cock up but I've just bought cards for the first two. Last year I'd failed by the 26 January!)

I don’t believe in New Year resolutions: I reckon the moment of recognition (that something needs to be changed) can come at any time and when it hits you in the head… that’s the best moment to resolve to change. So, so easily said…. Not so easily stuck to….

I know it’s Friday and I should post a Friday photo but I haven’t got one that inspires me. I toyed with posting a photograph of me with my head down but I started to worry about the chins it might produce.

Anyway, that’s the reason I’m such a bad blogger: I am working on my draft.

Posting might be a bit sporadic here for a while.

8 comments:

Flowerpot said...

Good luck with the draft JJ - you're forgiven about the photo!

Leigh Forbes said...

Writing is another thing that is best done in the moment. Photos can wait. x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I should be working on my draft too. Happy drafting.

Ragged Thread Cartographer said...

Pardon me for saying so but did you mean 'more frequent' blogger rather than 'better' ?
Cos I don't think quality is the issue here!

Queenie said...

Oh, honestly! What Are You Like??!! Blogging isn't something you SHOULD do, it's something to do when, or if, you WANT to. Voluntary; a hobby; for fun - remember 'fun'? ;-) Good luck with the draft, and blog when you fancy it, ok? xxx

Leigh Russell said...

Made me laugh about the chins, JJ! Great post. Like you, I've been rather sporadic with my posts lately. Glad I'm not the only one.

Angie said...

Keep at that draft and don't feel guilty about blogging, like others said, it's meant to be fun. And you do have such regular, lovely posts! xx

Lane Mathias said...

I'm a bad blogger too but I second Queenie's comment as she's put it so well.

Go draft!