Friday, January 01, 2010

In 2009 I read

In 2009 I read:

• The Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson
• Molly Fox's Birthday by Deirdre Madden
• Thinking Write by Kelly L Stone
• Eyes Without Sparkle by Elaine Hanzak
• The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson*
• Women fly when men aren’t watching by Sara Maitland
• The Believers by Zoe Heller
• The Time Traveller's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
• Love in the Time of Cholera by Gabriel Garcia Marquez*
• Thin Blue Smoke by Doug Worgul
• Heaven Can Wait by Cally Taylor
• The Private Patient by PD James
• The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters*
• Time Out 1000 Things To Do in London
• Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier
• The Other Hand by Chris Cleave
• The Children's Book by A S Byatt
• We Are All Made of Glue by Marina Lewycka
• The Whole Day Through by Patrick Gale
• Black Orchid by Gillian Slovo
• The Room of Lost Things by Stella Duffy
• Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer*
• England Our England by Alan Titchmarsh
• The Finest Type of English Womanhood by Rachel Heath
• The Independence of Miss Mary Bennet by Colleen McCullough
• Somewhere Towards the End by Diana Athill
• The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas by John Boyne*
• The Letters by Fiona Robyn
• The Outcast by Sadie Jones
• The Camomile Lawn by Mary Wesley
• The Journal of Dora Damage by Belinda Starling
• A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve
• Testimony by Anita Shreve
• Never Enough by Joe McGinniss*
• A Prayer For Owen Meaney by John Irving
• Beyond Chocolate by Sophie and Audrey Boss
• Tangled Roots by Sue Guiney
• The Needle in the Blood by Sarah Bower
• Jumping the Queue by Mary Wesley
• The Dead of Summer by Camilla Way*
• Harm's Way by Celia Walden
• Wild Mary: The Life of Mary Wesley by Patrick Marnham
• A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini*
• Write Away by Elizabeth George
• Patron Saint of Liars by Ann Patchett
• Life Class by Pat Barker
• Looking for Enid by Duncan McLaren
• Engleby by Sebastian Faulks
• The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox by Maggie O'Farrell

*Book Club

2 comments:

Marcie Steele said...

Wow, JJ, I am in awe. I've started a list this year just to see how many I read...or more to the point, how many I don't! x

Anonymous said...

Hello,

While I was a little bored of my job today, I found your blog by accident.

I see the list of books you ead in 2009. " oh wow how can one read a lot like this?" This what my first thought.

I am not a member here (and I am a Thai lady) but I would like to post my comment.

Have a nice day!
A-P