Monday, December 31, 2012

What I read in 2012


The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton
The Casual Vacancy by JK Rowling*
The Bolter by Frances Osborne
The Cook's Tale by Nancy Jackman & Tom Quinn
The Accidental Billiionaires by Ben Mezrich*
Move Over Darling by Chris Stovell
Mr Churchill's Secretary by Susan Elia MacNeal
The Colour Purple by Alice Walker*
A Kind of Vanishing by Lesley Thomson
The Soldier's Wife by Joanna Trollope
27: Six Friends, One Year by RJ Heald
A Perfectly Good Man by Patrick Gale
Drowning Rose by Marika Cobbold
Ninepins by Rosy Thornton
Somewhere to Hide (The Estate, Book 1) by Mel Sherratt
Tony Hogan Bought me an Ice Cream Float before he Stole my Ma by Kerry Hudson
Gold by Chris Cleave
The Woman Who Went to Bed for a Year by Sue Townsend
Charlotte Street by Danny Wallace
The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas*
The Expats by Chris Pavone
Various Pets Alive and Dead by Marina Lewycka
The Cornish House by Liz Fenwick
The Most Beautiful Thing by Fiona Robyn
The Buddha In The Attic by Julie Otsuka
Untying the Knot by Linda Gillard
My Dear I Wanted To Tell You by Louisa Young
When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro*
You Before Me by Jojo Moyes
Nirvana Bites by Debi Alper
Everything and Nothing by Araminta Hall
The Book of Fires by Jane Borodale
Hothouse Flower by Lucinda Riley
Room by Emma Donoghue*
A Field Guide to Fabric Design by Kimberly Kight
When God Was a Rabbit by Sarah Winman* (reread)
Limitless by Alan Glynn
Handmade Type Workshop by Charlotte Rivers
The Fundamentals of Printed Textile Design by Alex Russell
What the Nanny Saw by Fiona Neill
More Than You Can Say by Paul Torday
Cuckoo by Julia Crouch
Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel*
How to Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran

*Book Club choices

4 comments:

hausfrau said...

How interesting to read someone elses list. I daren't post mine: there are too many detective novels and light romances in amongst the more worthy choices - and they're all mine so I can't use the book club choices option!

Jenny Beattie said...

Hausfrau, there's a proper range of stuff on my list too. I want to read all sorts, not just stuff to make me think but sometimes I want just entertainment.

Anonymous said...

Oh are you on goodreads? I would love check out a lot of the books you have read there. I am currently reading The Secret Keeper

Jenny Beattie said...

TEW, hello! I'm not on Goodreads because I don't think I could do another bit of social networking! I didn't really enjoy The Secret Keeper as much as i'd liked her other books. Are you enjoying it?