Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Chim Chim-in-nee, Chim Chim-in-nee ♪


Every time I go to Chamchuri Square I start singing. I’ve only been three times but that’s probably good a good thing. It's the singing you see; I could send myself mad. I don’t sing any old song, just once – I sing ‘Chim Chim-in-nee, Chim Chim-in-nee, chim chim cher-ee.’ ♪♪♪♪ And I sing it over and over and over. 

I only NEEDED to go to Chamchuri Square for the visa renewals each February which was kind of doable. We can all put up with 24 hours of me warbling like a discordant Mary Poppins or Dick Van Dyke once a year but now I’ve got another reason to go which is a bit worrying. Someone told me about a stall where you could buy notebooks that they would personalize for you (at no extra charge.)

*Gasp* I think it might be worth the pain of the singing.

Look at my new notebook:


11 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

Oh yes....oh yes, indeed. that is a thing of beauty -- the personalised notebook that is. Might there be one in my (near) future?

Cathy said...

Ooh, I have notebook envey!

Cathy said...

And I can't type *envy*!

Karen said...

LOVE the notebook. And you've put that tune in my head now!

Flowerpot said...

What a beautiful book JJ - I know yhou will treasure that one!

Ragged Thread Cartographer said...

Saw your post this morning on my way out. Back now and still got that tune in my head! Not unwelcome cos it's fun. And that notebook - drool. Love notebooks generally but that's smart.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Oooh I need one of those too...

HelenMWalters said...

OMG! Personalised notebooks! *Dies of envy*

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh yes Sue, I think there might!

Cathy, isn't it divine?

Karen, oh no. Sorry. We'll all need professional help before long.

Thanks Flowerpot. I will. I just have to find the courage to START it.

RTC, Fun? Fun? Actually, you're right, it is quite fun. But sorry because it might lodge so permanently in your head you'll start cursing me!

Debs, we all NEED one of these. It should be a law, no?

Helen, I know. *squeals* still really excited.

sheepish said...

Ooooooh gasps with envy and the thought of that first pristine page just waiting for words is ????? no better not write that!
Seems to me that song will be sung quite often now?

Leigh Forbes said...

Love the notebook. Worth every heel kick!