Friday, February 29, 2008

Turning corners

Reasons to be cheerful

Today I feel nearly normal health wise. Well, apart from an interesting electrical crackly noise in my right ear every time I swallow. I am a bit … you know, snottily congested still.


During the day I went to look at my RSS feeds and found Lane had updated and I discovered she’d bestowed an award on me. I beamed big and wide. Thank you Lane. I bestow it on Hesitant Scribe, who is just brilliant, brave, honest ... I could go on, but don't want to embarrass her.

I told Husband I’d got an award, and he asked if it was “a miserable sod award? ;-)” because my last two postings had been a bit depressive. “I was sick” I said, but even his jibes didn’t stop me feeling pleased.

I had a meeting this morning and I picked up quite a number of jobs, but my web assistant is working out very nicely after only two lessons. I must be a bit of a dolt because it took me much longer than that. But today I don’t care if I’m a twit because my web assistant is working out and that makes me smile ear to ear.

Son was a vile teenager from the Dark Side this morning getting up for school, but when he came home this afternoon he was charming boy. Lovely. You can never be sure which boy will turn up.
I started writing the novel the day before yesterday and that bloody demon came back BUT I persevered in little bits and yesterday he was quieter. Today I did some writing (planning, really) but he was quiet. And I feel less crap. So that makes me feel good.

This morning I went investigating after Laurie raved in her blog about a programme she’d seen on Pete Seeger. She was enthusing about how great it was even if you don’t like folk music … which I do, but know very little about. Then she mentioned some of the other people on the programme one of whom was Johnny Cash, who I love. So I went surfing to YouTube and I found this, below. It produced a great big smile from me this morning and I’ve been singing and grinning it ever since. Now, I’m not old enough to have been around when it was recorded, but it was one of the few singles my parents had.




And finally, I can't believe I've worked out how to get this YouTube thingy here. I know I'm supposed to be a webmaster, but you know, in this non profit, voluntary sector, beggars can't be choosers. So they got me and my IT doltery. Very cheering and webmasterly.

9 comments:

Helen said...

Welcome back to the land of the living. I'm glad things are turning a corner and also glad the demon was a lot quieter yesterday.

Did you get my email? I sent it to your 4pm one on your blog as my computer crashed a while ago taking all the email addresses I know with it.

If you haven't then

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!!

Yvonne said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick but I'm glad you're feeling better! To add to your reasons to be cheerful - it's Friday!!!

Jenny Beattie said...

Helen, just got it thanks. And you are so welcome. I sent back via the other email address.

Yvonne, Friday, yes, hurrah. Can't wait for my bed tonight.

JJx

Pacha said...

Is that crackly electric sound connected to your demon d'you think? I'm glad you've been so productive and clever and that you're almost better. Hope charming son keeps you company over the weekend...(what lies ahead of me? I can barely cope with tantrums from hell. I have to admit that the idea of my kids as teenagers really scares me - so that's promising...)

Lane Mathias said...

Glad you're feeling better:-)

Mwah:-)

laurie said...

ah, "Little Boxes." my folks used to play that song all the time.

glad you're feeling somewhat better.. and congrats on the award!

hesitant scribe said...

I've never heard, 'Little Boxes' before but now it's rattling around in my brain box! Catchy!

Glad you're feeling better, too. Having just spent the best part of today throwing up I can entirely sympathise with you :)

And thank you soo much for my award!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and that vile teenager was charming by this afternoon.

Jen said...

Ah. I misread that you were 'cackly' which sound most exciting and witchlike.

Glad you're feeling more cheery. X