Sunday, May 25, 2008

Doncha just love it?

I was feeling a little pathetic yesterday. I couldn’t write at home so after lunch with Husband and Son, I went to write in Starbucks. I bought a fruity frappacino, read the freebie Eng Lang magazine and then hugged my bag to my chest and went to sleep. Yes, in Starbucks. This means one of two things: either I have properly immersed myself in Thai culture (Thais will sleep anytime, anywhere) or I was a bit poorly.

When I got home I was full of self loathing for not writing, but then I realised I was feeling ‘not quite right.’ I took Migraleve immediately which put a halt to the pain and meant I could function. I woke this morning still feeling not quite right but we’ve got stuff planned so I got myself up; read a couple of blogs (including this one) and went into the shower (I apologise for any horrible images this conjures up for those that know me.)

While I was in the shower (ditto apology, didn’t mean to remind you) with my mind a wandering, I came up with Novel No 3 idea. (There is a small problem in that I haven’t written either novel 1 or novel 2, but it used to be the lack of ideas that worried me … now of course it’s the writing of the ideas…) Anyway, it’s perfect; it fulfils all the things that obsess interest me while being different enough from the ideas for 1& 2.

I owe Wordtryst big time for a comment in her post, which my mind picked up and flew with.

Then I had an idea for an article I’m doing that I knew was due but the subject had eluded me.

Doncha just love it? Now, of course I’ve got the small matter of writing them…

6 comments:

Yvonne said...

What a day! Brilliant. I'm finding the time I spend thinking about what I'm writing as important as the time spent writing.

Sue Guiney said...

What is it about showers? I always, ALWAYS, get my best ideas there. Glad it works for you, too.

sheepish said...

I have just been to Wordtryst's blog and seen the delectable Viggo in all his glory. Thanks for that link now where was I, oh yes putting off writing anything remotely sensible!!!!!

Jen said...

Good God, were you showering in Tetleys or what?

Get in there!

laurie said...

i love that you fell asleep in starbucks! talk about trust..... did you clasp your purse to your chest? in case some passer-by should try to, you know, move it....

Liane Spicer said...

Huh? WhaddI say? Whatever it was, glad it helped. I can't tell you how much food for thought I get out of other writers' posts and comments.

I hope I never fall asleep in public. I can't even sleep on a plane, dammit, no matter how I try.