Wednesday, December 03, 2008

“Not with a bang but a whimper”

Well, there it is. It’s 'over'. A court ruling declares that ‘the court held the parties, their respective leaders and executives accountable for the electoral fraud committed during the December 23 general elections.’ Forgive the pessimism realism but let’s just wait and see as the ‘new’ parties are formed.

Now, we are turning our thoughts to a holiday.

Me? I’m turning my thoughts to not panicking. I haven’t written for several days and I hate the feeling of losing my train of thought. I'm busy all day tomorrow; I’ve got to send Husband to work with a costume for the Christmas party and my next Novel Racers coffee is on Friday, for which I am entirely devoid of subjects: eeeek. I won’t panic. I won’t.

10 comments:

Carol said...

At least the occupation of the airports is over and life can return to some semblance of normality!!! As for the long term stuff....who knows...Chris told me today that the PPP have already formed another party (with the same people) and will just pick a new PM....that kinda brings us back to where we started *sigh*

Don't worry...you'll re-read those 3,000 words and your plan will all just jump back into your head ready to be put down in writing!!

C x

The Frogblogger said...

Hmm as hinted, it's not over by a long chalk! You only have to read the PAD statement after Sondhi's volte face yesterday to get an idea of what is likely to happen after Dec 8th or 9th. A renewed airport occupation? Or will he surprise us yet again, and up the ante? Who knows. But those booking their flights, don't count your buffalos just yet...

Jenny Beattie said...

Carol, for now...

FrogBlooger, Oh yes. We can reach our intended destination by planes, trains and automobiles! I couldn't agree more. This is about friday... there's definitely more to come.

Jenny Beattie said...

Ooops, no disrespect intended there, Frogblogger! Not blooger at all...

Lane Mathias said...

I'm not surprised you haven't written much in the last few days. You've had a lot going on!

Hope you can get back into the groove and good luck with husband's costume:-)

Chris Stovell said...

I was glad to see the airports clearing on the news and hope all will be well.

I saw your 'smiley' face on the BBC news in pictures! And, relax, Lily and Rose are what I would have called my daughters if their dad hadn't reigned me in! Just use those names to protect the innocent!

Jenny Beattie said...

Chris, how funny (about the names) so I don't need to rush through changing my girls' names then? Isn't it funny how that would've been really difficult to do?

Anonymous said...

Glad it's over for now and you can think holidays and writing - enjoy!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Glad it's all calmed down, for now at least.

You'll soon get back to the writing, don't worry.

HelenMWalters said...

Glad you've got a bit of respite at least.