Friday, September 18, 2009

Real men don't knit, do they?

I know, I know... I'm in danger of becoming a knitting blog and not a writing blog but this project is close to my heart.

Angela Stafford, who organised the Let's Knit for the Needy project at BNH Hospital, escaped onto the streets of Bangkok to try and spread the word about the knitting squares and this YouTube film is the result.

I can't promise this will be the last time knitting comes up... but take a look at the YouTube and answer me this:

Why are men embarrassed to admit they knit?



If you like the video, please forward it to your friends to let them know about knitting for the needy.

7 comments:

Rebecca said...

don't know - they shouldn't be - I think it's rather hunky myself.

Jenny Beattie said...

So do I. I like a man that can do whatever he likes ... with confidence.

Carol said...

Me too!!

C x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I don't think I know any men who can knit. If I meet one, I'll have to get him to teach me, as I'm useless.

HelenMWalters said...

Such a brilliant idea.

Liane Spicer said...

Hm. Never heard of knitting men before. Interesting idea.

Beth said...

I'm very late - but I just want to state for the record that my dad can knit! And he's very proud of the fact :)

My dad is teh coolest :)