Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday


I had a fabulous session in the gym this morning. I was fired by banana power; a tiny cup of tea (can’t do without) and a banana half an hour before I started. I seem to have come on leaps and bounds today; stronger, quicker, smilier.

I had plans to go to the newly reopened Siam Paragon today but when I’d showered and dressed, this happened:


Still seeing the sky like this (it’s rain not fog) is waaaaaay better than seeing it full of black smoke.

(I think it might have cleared up enough now for me to brave the outside world. I am off to sit in Starbucks  in Siam P with my book, notebook and index cards… just because after weeks and weeks of not being able to… now I can.)

10 comments:

Queenie said...

Those breakthrough sessions are great. I love it when I can add an extra point of resistance on the cross-trainer, or half a kilo to my free weights, or do a couple more reps than before on a fixed weight. Well done, you! Now get going on those edits!!

Unknown said...

So pleased that you ...enjoyed it :-)

Now enjoy venturing out a bit and working on your book.

lx

Lane Mathias said...

Gosh you're in the sky.

Have a good day out:-)

sheepish said...

Glad to hear that normality is returning to Bangkok, and keep up with the gym as exercise can become addictive [in a good way] if you give it a chance.
I am trying to motivate myself back to some writing so hope that works out for you too. Have a good day.

Flowerpot said...

Blimey does it often look like that?

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Wow, that's a lot of rain.

Glad it went well at the gym.

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

That's quite a rainstorm.

XX

Angie said...

Those are some fierce clouds! So glad you're able to head out again. Best of luck with the edits!

Mel said...

I love that picture of the rain...I absolutely love and adore downpours in Bangkok, despite the mess and the traffic...rainy season is my favorite time of year.

Jenny Beattie said...

Queenie, I think I may have used up all my Friday energy on Wednesday...

Liz, thank you. Yes, I must!

Lane, we are! 25 floors up. ;-)

Sheepish, yes, I'm hoping to get some of that addiction.

Flowerpot, yes, very often in the rainy season... I love it. I love the change in weather. It feels so important to a person more used to changes of seasons.

Debs, thank you.

Suzanne, isn't it? I love it.

Angie, yeah, I didn't get anything very much done.

Mel, (is this the Mel I know?) Yes me too. I particularly love it when I'm inside for the day! I just love the CHANGE in weather from hot or really hot.