Wednesday, June 16, 2010

10 Signs...


I’ve been tagged. I was tagged for a meme in February 2008. Yes, that’s 2008.

Gulp.

I’m mortified at my apparent lack of manners. Charlotte, please accept my apologies for not responding but you see I am a bit of a twit. I eventually discovered it via the ‘preview in a new tab’ feature that lists the links to that page. I’ve never understood how to show links to a certain post even though I’ve turned them on in the background settings.

But I love this meme because it’s original. It might be two years and four months (to the day) since the original tag but I’m going to do it anyway.

10 Signs a Book Might be Written by Me
  1. The cast will be dominated by women; they will be strong…
  2. Setting will be important. It will take place, either partly or exclusively, in Bangkok or England.
  3. It will be about feeling foreign – whether you’ve ever been away from home or not.
  4. Death will be important. Be careful how you live your life, Jenny will exact revenge…
  5. There will be jealousy and regret.
  6. There will be no guns, no aliens, no magical realism and the end of the world will not be nigh.
  7. It will involve generations and relationships.
  8. There will be sinister undertones.
  9. There won’t be unnecessary sex scenes.
  10. There will be realistic endings.

I’d like to pass it on to all unpublished blog readers who are writing a novel. Please let me know you’ve posted it so I can check out your answers.



10 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

Better late than never.

This is a useful to way to work out what your themes are.

Mine would be very similar to yours:-)

Liz said...

Ah, so that's how you discovered the link I'd posted to you!
I may have to work out that feature too.

Flowerpot said...

Can't wait to read it JJ!

Jenny Beattie said...

Lane, it was. I thought it would be easy but I really struggled with some.

Liz, yes, I had a little potter about all the links- being reminded and enlightened in some cases! So embarrassing.

Flowerpot, thank you. *grins*

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm very disappointed about #6. And possibly #9.

PT Writer said...

What a great meme! I'm about to do mine! :)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Your answers were well worth waiting for.x

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Great answers - as Debs said, defintitely worth waiting for.

XX

Carol said...

Hmmmm, I think that sounds like the kind of book that I would like to read :-)

C x

Talli Roland said...

What a great meme!

2008?! You're worse than me! Suddenly I don't feel so badly... :)