Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wellington boots, snakes and blog awards


The children went back to Bangkok on Saturday. I’m so impressed and proud of the cavalier way they travel. 

They took wellington boots with them. In view of the stories and pictures of escaped crocodiles and wild snakes to be found in the flood water I was amused at Daughter’s choice of wellies. (Can you see it? It’s mock crock or possibly faux snake skin!)



When Husband confirmed that he’d met them at the airport, he texted to say ‘they had to wade through 40cm of flood water with the cases held above their heads, but all safe and drying off now.’ That man had better be glad he’s 6,000 miles away from me because my sense of humour is pretty stretched to its limit.

Something that has cheered me no end, however, is the news that Tea Stains, my dear old blog, was declared Expat Blog of the Month. Do go over here and read the interview with me.  

The picture of me is at Bai Pai Thai cooking school, which I thoroughly recommend. 

9 comments:

Ragged Thread Cartographer said...

A pair of boot-shaped crocs moving independently but apparently in a determined team should be enough to scare off any presumptious real one. (Wtf??!!) But what a lovely interview and CONGRATULATIONS! As for children being accomplished travellers, I reckon it's being an expat child in the first place which gives them the extra nous.

Jenny Beattie said...

RTC, oh dear, such a cavalier attitude of my own. (An alarming number of people are find my blog at the mo while searching for snakes!)

And thank you. I guess it is everything to do with all the travelling they do; they were just so cool.

Flowerpot said...

congrats on the blog award JJ - love those boots! x

Suzie said...

That's the famous British humour, isn't it?

Great they made it!

Wish you and your parents well.
Congrats to the blog of month award!

bfn
s

Jen said...

Ooh, well done on the blog award - very well deserved. Am smiling that your children are indeed accomplished international travelers :0) Oh yes. Smiling bigly, in fact!

greens plus said...

Pretty looking boots!

Jenny Beattie said...

Flowerpot, thank you. They are fun, aren't they?

Suzie, indeed - the British humour... I don't always recognise it myself!

Jen, you are a very bad naughty woman. I AM most skilled in the experienced international traveller department.

Greens plus, welcome and thank you.

Merrell Sawtooth said...

Quality, durability, and design are things we consider when buying boots or shoes. The price also matters. Merrell Sawtooth

merrell sawtooth boots said...

Many men do not prefer boots in adventures, but Merrell boots are different, it’s for tough guys and very functional and light. merrell sawtooth boots