I went over to Siam Paragon again today.
A week since my first blog about it and the Krispy Kreme Doughnut frenzy is ongoing. Look at today's queue! There are rumours that they are being resold in MBK for twice the price.Yesterday there was a sale in school: the doughnuts went to the highest bidders. The last doughnut went for 400 Thai Baht (a bit over £8 or $13.) The only redeeming fact about this is that the money was raised for charity.
(Sorry about the dodgy photoshopping job - I can't get the staff. They must all be queuing for doughnuts.)
For anyone that didn't see in my comments I did find out why there was a queue on the first day. I googled it and found this promise:
- 1st customer gets 1 year supply of a dozen donuts per week
- 2nd customer gets 6 months supply of a dozen donuts per week
- 3rd customer gets 3 months supply of a dozen donuts per week
- 4th-100th customers get 1 month supply of a dozen donuts per week
- 101th-200th customers get 1 dozen free donuts
There are no more free doughnuts to be had people.