Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tits up

Right so I’m back after my holiday, it’s time to come clean. It was a break from blogging and a break from writing. Respite for a brain that didn’t know where it was going or what it was doing.

Once I’d decided to have some time out I tried not to agonize over the writing or in my case, non-writing, but still I dreamed about my book and my story. Everything that happened to me, all the things that I saw were relayed in my head as though part of my story.

I took the time to think about what happens now.

Do I want to write?

How badly do I want to write?

Why, the minute I say something out loud on my blog, does everything come crashing down around me?

‘I’m writing’ I say: I stop immediately and freeze in terror.
‘I’m plotting’ I say: suddenly I can’t work out the order in which scenes need to happen.

I’m not sure that I should say things out loud on this blog – for fear it all goes tits up… but I hope you realize what I decided.

I am still a Novel Racer.

8 comments:

Jen said...

That's my girl X

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks m'love. Shhh, though, just in case...

Jen said...

That's quite enough of that. I've already ordered ten cases of Kentish champagne for our launch. You wouldn't want me to have to drink it all myself up a straw, would you?

Come on! Write stuff!! :0)

X

Jon M said...

Write for fun, write anything, write, write , write, right? :-)

Carol said...

You worry to much!! You just need to give yourself some space and not give yourself such a hard time!!

Your good at writing - enjoy it!!

C x

Jenny Beattie said...

Thank you guys. I'm going to try -just don't let on that I said it outloud!
JJx

Unknown said...

Glad to not read your news and look forward to not reading of your progress!

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Liz!