Monday, November 08, 2010

Bad blogger goes absent without leave


Whoops, sorry for that absence without leave.

I’m drowning here.

My unread feeds (other people’s blogs I read) number 467 as I write and it’s climbing all the time. (What IS all this obsessing about ‘is blogging dead?’ Jeez, it’s irritating. You’ve fallen out of love with blogging? That’s fine; don’t do it. Personally I think you’ve got to love it. It’s a commitment that you won’t keep up unless your heart is really in it. No, I probably won’t blog for ever but while I enjoy showing up here to post pictures of my adopted home and talk nonsense I shall continue to do so whether or not blogging is considered (by whom?) to be on the wane.)

I’m drowning under my 348 pages of manuscript too. Will I ever think it’s good enough? That’s not looking very likely right now. I’m enormously grateful that I can read it and tell there’s something wrong; more obliged still to the writing gods when I can identify what is wrong… but it would be useful to know how to go about putting it right.

So I’m not being a very good blogger friend right now; I’m probably not coming by and commenting but it’s not because I think blogging is dead. It’s because I’m drowning….

6 comments:

Rachael Harrie said...

I so understand how you feel. It can be overwhelming sometimes, can't it. Don't think you're on your own though, I suspect heaps of us are drowning at the moment - me too actually! (*hugs*)

Rach

Lane Mathias said...

Couldn't agree more. I've slowed in the number of posts but that's life. Blogging certainly isn't 'dead'.

Anonymous said...

Stay cool my friend. You’re very good at this blogging caper. Just do what you want, when you want, and enjoy it. This is my second blogging incarnation. I’ve learned that you can always walk away from it, and return to it whenever you want. You don’t owe anyone anything, including the next post – only yourself.

Best wishes, Boonie

Unknown said...

Hugs.
lx

Marieke said...

Sounds so familiar! But breathe... take it one step at a time :) If it's too much, it's too much. Don't try to do it all at once :)

Karen said...

Hang in there - hopefully it will pass :o)

Maybe you could have a brainstorming session with someone who has read your novel to help you move forward?