Monday, November 15, 2010

Move over Flash Gordon





This was the view from my window when I arrived at my hotel: KL's iconic Petronas Towers, briefly judged to be the world's tallest building (the spires were considered to be 'architectural details.')

The highest up the towers that mere mortals can go is to the 41st floor skybridge, 170m above street level. Yes, you bet, I'll be in the queue for tickets before the week is out.

In the day the towers are different - more space age - but just as beautiful. I doubt a week will pass without a daylight picture on here. I can't stop looking out of the window to check them out.

But I must. I've got work to do.

6 comments:

Grandpa said...

WELCOME to Kuala Lumpur! Don't forget to check out Petaling Street for bargains. But coming from Bangkok I guess you're quite used to bargains already :)

Queenie said...

They certainly do have a lot of Petronas Charm, arf arf.

Megan K. Bickel said...

OOOOHHH! So pretty at night! I hope you get lots of work done and don't just get caught up in the view. : )

Chris Stovell said...

Wow! What an amazing sight... must put that on my 'to see' list!

Grandpa said...

Huge thunderstorm on Black Monday! I hope you didn't get caught in it Jenny. Did havoc to the traffic too I heard.

Jenny Beattie said...

Grandpa, thank you. Yes, and I'm meant to be working! Well, maybe I'll get a little shopping done.

Queenie, I think of that all the time here.

Megan, I'm trying really hard not to...

Chris, stunning isn't it?

Grandpa, I was out and about for a bit but didn't suffer at all for it. Thank you.