Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I'm not worthy




The lovely Pacha has awarded me the Arte y pico which is an award for blogs that show "creativity, design, interesting material, and who contribute to the blogging community, no matter what language they are in.’ Thank you Pacha.

Of course I instantly feel unworthy. I hate the way that I feel so unconfident about my creativity. Growing up I was ‘the academic one’ and my sister was ‘the creative one’ and despite the fact that I must be a bit creative (for crying out loud, I’ve got a fine art degree!) one doesn’t have to dig very deep down to discover that I don’t really believe it.





Rules:
1) You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award, creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogger community, no matter of language.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award-winning, has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winning and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y pico" blog , so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5) To show these rules.

I'd like to bestow this award on: Uphilldowndale - I love her photographs and feel dreadful, unattractive jealousy that I can't produce pictures like them; Rachel at When the Dogs Bite - the blog is a relative newcomer, but I love the subjects and I admire Rachel's eye; Laurie at Three Dog Blog - I'm not sure that she 'does' awards, but I love going there. I get the vicarious pleasure of her life with dogs (without the poop scooping) and her stories are wonderful too. Finally Helen at Redders Ramblings for whom I am eternally grateful for getting me writing again with her creative and inspired 100 words a day blog.

9 comments:

Yvonne said...

Of course you're worthy! Congratulations on the award.

Angie said...

Very cool looking award, and ditto to Yvonne's comment. :)

Liane Spicer said...

You're worthy indeed! Where else would I get my tantalizing glimpses of life in Bangkok?

The confidence thing? Universal.

Helen said...

Thanks JJ! Lovely to see you too on Saturday. x

Jen said...

You really are worthy... there are plenty of people in t'world envying you, you know...

laurie said...

hello! and you are worthy! that's a glorious award. i will accept it with great pleasure.

i love your blog. i'm commenting less these days, just because it's summer and i'm trying to be outside more, on the computer less... but i still read you every day through bloglines.

many thanks!

Jenny Beattie said...

Yvonne, thank you.

Angie, thanks honey.

Wordtryst, yes, I guess it's universal. I don't do it to get a flurry of 'yes, you are' I really kind of believe that I'm not creative enough...

Helen, It's a pleasure.

Spiral, thank you - I don't mean to sound 'poor me'ish.

Laurie, thank you and you're welcome. Yes, I am commenting less too - life is so busy here.

uphilldowndale said...

Thank you, I am very flattered,I'm not sure I will be able to 'hand on the baton' for a wee while, we go way soon.
I am wondering why should it not be possible to creative and academic at the same time? Last year I worked with an inspirational women, her back ground was in science but her work now is a blend of different roles, she teaches creative writing, she exhibits and sells her paintings and has several volumes of published poetry and is working on a poetry project about, science stars and telescopes! An academic without imagination and creativity would be a very poor specimen!
When I left behind my 'art of flowers' I found the book 'The Artists Way', by Julia Cameron very helpful, in trying to unblock bits of the 'creative me' that had been suppressed by time and events.
I will email you soon

Jenny Beattie said...

Uhdd, you snuck in there...

Thank you. I don't want to come across as oh woe is me ... but I do struggle to believe it. I guess I should keep quiet about it.

Yes, you're right. Husband is a originally a scientist and he's incredibly creative - as his Dad who's a doctor and very creative on the side.

Have a lovely holiday. JJx