Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Film, writing and trotters

Seven of us went to see Milk last night, in one of the old cinemas in Siam. It cost 100 baht (£2). While we were waiting to go in a man rolled the film past us on a reel, a bit under a meter in diameter. I wish I’d been quick enough to take a picture.

I loved the film (thank god everyone liked it because I chose it!) Sean Penn – as well as becoming rather gorgeous as he ages – was brilliant. I’d like to go back in and watch it all over again. I can’t believe I didn’t know any of it. I would’ve been twelve when he was assassinated (not really a spoiler… it’s clear from the start. The story is told in flashback, as he records it ‘in case of assassination.’)

I’ve done well with my writing the last couple of days and caught up after my sick days. I am, as my mentor put it, really getting into the meat of the story. (That’ll be the tofu for you, Daughter.) I just finished a very exciting scene (hopefully) with accusations flying and secrets being hinted at.

And now that I'm back home after a failed attempt to get my trotters painted ... I might even do a bit more!

6 comments:

Chris Stovell said...

You certainly see a different view of things and it's fascinating to read about. Well done on the writing (tofu scenes!).

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Chris, it's funny because I know that it's different and yet it's become my normal... perceptions aren't reliable any more!

HelenMWalters said...

Your life sounds so interesting and exotic. Sigh x

Lane Mathias said...

same as Helen:-) *sigh*

Liane Spicer said...

Now you've got me wanting to see Milk. I'll add it to my list.

Trotters? **giggle**

Jenny Beattie said...

Helen, it's different I guess. I don't know about exotic...

Lane, oh dear. Sorry you guys.

Liane, it was so good. Do try and see it. My feet/trotters are not too pretty!