Thursday, March 12, 2009

What to do?

I’ve been holed up at home for days now. I know this, because my purse is still full of Singaporean coins, which we stopped needing on Sunday, and because I’m starting to feel a bit mad. I’ve been writing …although my concentration was not so good yesterday.

Today, being Thursday, means I have the day off; the day off writing. I’m going out to have a life, starting with breakfast with Husband near his office, because afterwards I am due at a board meeting at the library in Silom.

And then I’m free to do what I choose: I am trying to decide whether I shall go to a movie or *whispers* have a pedicure.

If I go to the movies I might get to see all the films I want to see at the cinema (as opposed to on DVD) (Doubt, The Reader, Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Slumdog – Friday with Husband, Milk – Monday with the girls.)

But if I get a pedicure, my trotters will look lovely (it’s all relative) and I can read while they do it because I don’t often waste my time with manicures. I’ve never really felt grown up enough to have colour on my fingers. It makes me feel like I’m trying to be someone else.

Anyway… what to do? Ho hum.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

have a pedicure and grab a book of the tbr :-)
lx

Angie said...

Tough call. I would choose the movie, but I can't handle people touching my feet, so I'm not a fair judge. ;) Although a bit of reading does sound nice...

Sue Guiney said...

All I know is that the only time I had a pedicure, they put red polish on my toes and then that night in bed, i happened to glance towards the footboard, saw these red-polished toes sticking out of the covers, and screamed. I didn't know whose toes they were -- they couldn't possibly have been mine (or my husbands)!
:-)

By the way, did you like Singapore?

Pat Posner said...

Take the pedicurist to the movies??

Have fun whichever you choose
xPat

Jenny Beattie said...

Liz, I'm almost too embarrassed to tell you what I did...

Angie, I did too, but not one I mentioned because the mall I was in didn't have them on at the right time.

Sue, that's exactly how I feel about my hand nails being painted. I like my toes coloured though. Yes, Singapore was lovely. I don't know it very well, but we found the shops we discovered last year.

Pat, brilliant idea. I bet they do that here, too.

What did I do, then? Eeek, I went to see Bolt... I'm so ashamed!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm not one for pedicures, but love a manicure.

HelenMWalters said...

I'm with Pat - have a pedicure whilst watching a movie. Multi tasking is everything!

Liane Spicer said...

That's a tough call...

I too enjoy the occasional pedi (lurve peach or bronze on the piggies) but don't like stuff on the hands.

Of those movies I'm most looking forward to The Reader. It's the only one I'll make the effort to go to the theatre for, anyway. The others I'll catch on DVD.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

I'd have definately seen a movie. Even Bolt. I haven't been to the cinema in YEARS. And I've never had a pedicure, so really, I don't know what I'm missing!