Monday, March 03, 2008

Sycophant - ooh I love that word


Thank you to Cally for this lovely Busy Bee award. Cally's given it to me because I don't "seem to stop! :o)" (I think she might mean I don't stop going on and on about wanting to write, or am I being a bit paranoid?)

This is lovely; I'm glad to be busy but frustrated to be so busy I can't seem to get on with the writing. (I am going to though, as soon as I've cleared the design decks.)

And, if I'm allowed a little reciprocal backscratching in my Oscar Busy Bee speech, I'd have to say Cally would win my industry award. Not only does she actually write and edit etc - as opposed to my talking about it - but she has a full time job; commutes a long way to work(not for much longer); appears to know the world wide web inside out and backwards (because she's always posting valuable articles I have to go and look at, and daft stuff too!)
I'd like to pass it on to Liz who was having a moment of despair last time I looked. I really hope that's all it is because Liz has always been a huge role model to me. Her industry, like Cally's , never faulters; her diligence puts me to shame and her constant attention and generosity to the Novel Racers and their adminstration is the best.

7 comments:

CL Taylor said...

Oh you are lovely. :o) And no, I meant busy with your new office, busy with your writing, busy with your articles, busy with your fashion shows, busy with your webdesign, busy with your travelling, busy with your design work...I'm out of breath just listing it all!

But thank you again for your kind words. They're really appreciated.

Unknown said...

I'm blushing JJ! Thank you for your kind kind words and your award. I am right this minute printing off and hoping that now that I know the problem I have the ability to fix it. Fingers crossed!

BTW Ditto what Cally said you are doing amazing things that will all feed into to your writing :-)

Lane Mathias said...

Congrats on the award jj:-)

Hope you can clear the decks soon. x

(and Cally and Liz are indeed everything that you've said!)

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh, here I am blogging, having had a little sleep on the sofa while waiting for the children to come home!

You've guilted me into industry. I've got a magazine cover to design!

You both so, so deserve it. When I grow up I want to be like you.

Thanks Lane.

JJx

Jon M said...

Good to see you're keeping busy!!! :-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

You three - that's JJ, Cally and Liz - are all so industrious and adventurous that you astonish me on a regular basis. Thank goodness for the Novel Racers which has enabled me to 'meet' such inspirational people.

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Jon,

Zinnia, thank you.

JJx