Friday, May 08, 2009

Friday Photo is back... with some words

By rights, this should've been taken in Bangkok but I took it on the London Underground and I’m still reeling from shock.

I was on my way to the London Book Fair and I saw lots of people ‘dressed’ to be nude apart from a blue scarf. The promotion was Nude in a Scarf and I took one of their cards hoping their website might tell me what to wear, a la Trinny and Susannah. (I really do need a personal dresser.)

Sadly, when I discovered it was something to do with Peugeot I kind of lost interest (clearly I wasn't their target audience) but it's still interesting to note that their website urged you to join them on Twitter to find out what the campaign was all about. (And I'm still one of those mystified by Twitter and what it does...)

Th
ere's a better picture of these 'nude' people here.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Certainly grabs one's attention!!!

Hanging head in shame - love tweeting - dont understand it but love it. so distracting.

lx

Jen said...

Should I confess that I'm confused as to whether the furry-haired lady in black is wearing a nude suit or just dressed in black?

I would have a porridge-coloured suit with saggy bits. Mmmmm.

Twittering, I think, is like mini-blogging. I love the stream of mini-nonsense and snippets that appear on my screen but then I'm a bit sad and am sellotaped to my chair for 8 hours a day.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I haven't got into Twitter yet, which is probably a good thing as I can't keep up with blogging.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Link.

I joined them, but got arrested - really should have got myself a body suit and scarf. :)

By the way, you have a very entertaining blog

Rachel Green said...

Alas, I would be in the 'too saggy' rejection pile ;(

Jenny Beattie said...

Liz, it got my attention alright.

Jen, she's wearing a nude suit too! Yes, I'd be porridge, dimply and saggy suit. I'm a bit worried about the ongoingness of Twittering...

Debs, LOL. I know what you mean.

Yes Buts, thank you and you're welcome. You got arrested? OMG. How?

Rachel, yep, me too.

Lane Mathias said...

I'm sure they would have done it better in Bangkok. They all look a bit miserable don't they?:-)

HelenMWalters said...

Love the nude people. Leigh is going to force me to go on Twitter - should I be scared?

Jenny Beattie said...

Lane, they would have been smiling in Bangkok, would they?

Helen, OMG, yes. I opened an account... I even got two or three followers despite never saying anything... and then I closed it down again.