Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Man lands on the Moon

I missed a job off my list of things to do yesterday. I'd eased myself into denial and determined that I could stay there until I got another email nagging asking for the thing I had to find and telling me that Wed was the deadline.

I had to find a picture of me in 1969.

I’d like to tell you that the my tendency towards OCD means that my photographs are organised into boxed categories including Childhood, University, Before Children, After Children and Bangkok. Sadly, while my compulsive behaviour means I have to have all the light switches facing the same way, and I have push my Thyroxine out of the foil in the right pattern, my photographic memories are thrown higgledy piggledy into a large trunk.

Still, having given my self permission to slump on the writing front, I identified today as the day to go through my photographs. So this morning I set up: labelled up some containers with the above categories. I took my IPod through to listen to podcasts, and opened the box.

Oh it was horrible. It’s a lovely job if you have all the time in the world; you can sit leafing through the memories you’ve made. However, if you have to find a certain picture by the close of today, amongst 47,212 other photos… it’s not so nice. Still, about two hours in I found it:


Now… what I’m wondering is that if I’m under half way through the box… have I got to carry on and finish sorting the photos?

14 comments:

Sue Guiney said...

gorgeous! Adorable! Fabulous! You are sooo there!

Jenny Beattie said...

Sue, LOL, I think it might be the hair!

Queenie said...

Awwww, aren't you cute? I want to pinch those cheeks!

Helen said...

You haven't changed!

HelenMWalters said...

Aah, lovely x

Liane Spicer said...

Aww, what a cutie! Look at those cheeks!

Carol said...

Hahaha, I agree with Helen....you've not changed a bit!!!

Can I ask why you need the photo?

C x

DJ Kirkby said...

You were totally adorable!!!!!! I might carry this on my blgo as a Lazy Sunday challenge if that is ok with you? I'll link back to you. x

Flowerpot said...

what a cutie - and those curls!!!

Jenny Beattie said...

Queenie, go ahead!

Helen, I'll have you know that I can no longer store nuts in my cheeks!

Helen, thank you.

Liane... Yeah, plenty of room in there huh?

Carol, ! Louise is doing something with them for the fashion show slideshow thing... the committee in 1969 when BWG was started.

DJ, what do you mean WERE? Yes, of course you can use it... thanks, in advance, for the link.

Flowerpot, the unruly curls are still very much present.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What a gorgeous picture, you look so angelic.

I wish I had my photos in some sort of order.

Tamsyn Murray said...

Lovely pic! Aren't you a cutie?

Chris Stovell said...

Aw! What a cutie!

Susie Vereker said...

So cute!