Monday, May 11, 2009

Lowering the tone

This should really be a Friday photo post. But, if I don't post this, I'll start squealing hysterically about how much I've taken on... and how the paralysis has set in... and I don't want to bore you all to death.

Anyway, I tried really hard to walk past this - (the security men outside Siam Paragon department store are always telling me off for taking pictures) - but you know what? I couldn't ignore it. I had to retrace my steps, hide behind a sign and take it anyway because it made me chuckle.


I read somewhere recently that the British are ridiculed
by the rest of the world because their sense of humour includes being amused at body part/bodily function jokes... I was a bit sniffy at the time, deciding that I didn't include myself in that. I don't get Monty Python; it's silly not funny. But most boys I know (that's old and young) are definitely more into lavatorial humour than I am.

Until I moved away from the UK, I never even considered the notion of whether I was typically British or not.

But, hey, look at this; it seems I am after all.

17 comments:

BEAST said...

Lavatorial - me? - never.

But, fnah fnah, I can see his willy. hehe.

Unknown said...

Just when you thought it was safe to go out!!!!

Take one step at a time sweetie.

lx

Queenie said...

Tee hee hee hee hee... me too.

BTW well done on the word count - not sure when it moved, but look, you're over halfway!!!

Jenny Beattie said...

Bea, Yes YOU.

Liz, Yup, I'm trying that one step at a time. I've renegotiated a deadline... and just started to write, slowly, with no expectations. I'm doing better now. (Thanks)

Queenie, thank you. (I'm still chuckling) The word count changed over the weekend, I think. Nearly time for another one too! Yee Haa.

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Oh that one made me giggle. I would never have taken a photo though, especially if security guards are already annoyed with me. The things you do to keep us amused..

Rachel Green said...

Surely that was intentional - I mean, he's winking and everything!

HelenMWalters said...

Brilliant. Just the sort of giggle I needed on a Monday morning.

Chris Stovell said...

Soo with you on Monty Python. (Shaking my head at the thought of the security guards watching your every move with a camera!)

Sue Guiney said...

Well, it made me laugh. Maybe I've been living here too long :-)

Carol said...

Brilliant!!!

The boobs one in MBK never failed to make me laugh....I even took guests to see it!!! (sad woman that I am!!)

C x

Lane Mathias said...

You're very brave to defy those security guards.
Glad you did:-)

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Good for you being brave enough to get passed the security guards for your photo.

Alix said...

LOL yes we Brits have strange humour :) I still smirk when I meet American's called randy!

Jenny Beattie said...

Michelle, I think there must be a big bad rebellious streak in me!

Rachel, I don't think it was.

Helen, Oh good. I'm glad it made you chuckle.

Chris, if I keep going on like this, they'll stop me going in there.

Sue, Lol. Completely.

Carol, oh definitely. I still worry that I blogged those though.

Lane, thank you!

Debs, thanks.

Alexa, I have been chuckling all day about that! Randy? Tee hee.

Leigh Forbes said...

What interesting condoms you have over there. Humbug flavour, was it?

Lorraine said...

Jen - just found your blog site after a workshop in College. I've surprised myself!! Perhaps not a complete dinosaur.

Jenny Beattie said...

Lorraine! You're not a dinosaur. Looking forward to seeing you on Thursday.
Jenx