I'm here in the resort, all on my lonesome. Half the group have gone out snorkelling and half have gone to another beach on the island. Of course, I could've gone to either, but I didn't want to after four/five days of courses:
- 0715 Yoga (Okay, I only made two of those!)
- 0900 Breakfast and Demos meeting for whole group
- 0930 Oekos Group (five of us meet to ... talk)
- 1045 Free the Creative Spirit class
- 1315 Lunch
- Free until ...
- 1700 Ayurveda Class (I'm tridoshic, for anyone in the know, according to the results, but towards the Kapha according to the 'Master'.)
- 1930 Dinner and more talking.
Anyway, to the point ... today while alone, I've done some thinking about my book. I know that there are lots of people out there who are going to tell me not to do this, but I've made the decision that I am putting aside the words I've written so far ... to yes, start again.
There's not going to be a sacrificial burning or deletion of any kind going on so it's quite possible that a couple of thousand may reappear at some later date as a flashback. But while I have finally decided that the incident which drops my characters in the quagmire is the start of the book, there has to be a cut in time of three months. The 24,000 words I've already written is those three months *sigh*. It's not part of the story and that's maybe why it bores me. It's drivel; it's not relevant and it's gotta go.
So I guess that means I'm starting my ms from scratch for the Novel Race 2007... *gulp*