Sunday, May 04, 2008

The road to Hell...

I really did mean to blog every day in the UK. I wish I could say I’ve been writing, but I haven’t, however I have however got the plot – mostly – of book two. It came unbidden into my head and I’m not sure which one I’m going to proceed with yet.

Yesterday I went into London shopping. In between shopping sprees I had lunch with Julia Bell. I did so much damage on my bank account that this morning I got a phone call from the Fraud Department at the Bank asking about ‘unusual pattern of spending.’ Whoops.

I hadn’t managed to book shop though, so today I went into the local town to buy books. I haven’t been able to get Rowan’s book in Bangkok (Why not, Kinokuniya?) And I got a bit carried away there too. Still some of them were 3 for 2… I reckon I’ve got books there for every mood.

I've got a proper seclection. Two have been written by our Rowan Coleman (Novel Racer), some have won prizes, some were recommended, some I read reviews of this morning and I fancied.




I fly tomorrow night, so next time I write, I guess I’ll be in back in Bangkok. I’m sorry about the crap blogging but I promise to try harder next week.

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Have a safe journey home, honey.

I have regular chats with the fraud people - they worry about my shopping habits! Bless :)

xxx

Fiona said...

I've just bought Rowen's books too plus the Russian Concubine which I've heard good things about.

L-Plate Author said...

Safe journey kiddo! Come back soon xx

Lane said...

Safe journey home jj. You've plenty to read on the plane:-)

Debs said...

What a lovely choice of books to read. Safe journey home.

JJ said...

Thanks y'all.