Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home is...


Son and I fly home tomorrow. I know, I know it’s confusing isn’t it? It doesn’t matter which way I’m flying – UK or BKK bound; they’re both home. If there’s a difference then this UK home is the temporary one because after several weeks here... it’s time to go back. I suspect that’s it’s simply to do with where my stuff, my immediate family and my space is. Living out of a suitcase isn’t much fun.

This is the first time that I’ve ever known I’d be in Thailand for two more years; out of the five we’ve done, we’ve always been renewed year by year.

I’m desperate to get back to my little office not only because of my novel which I can’t wait to get on with that but also I have plans for a non-fiction book, a radio play to put into gear and possibly a correspondence course…

I won’t be able to get on instantly with all those things because Husband, Son and I are off on holiday after the weekend. As we get back, Daughter will arrive, followed by school restarting and then we move apartment! Phew.

Rather alarmingly I’ve still got some artwork to do for a deadline … oh so soon; I’ve still got cheques to bank here (at four different institutions) and I’ve got a pile of paper work the height of my table to do. I’ve also remembered two things that need purchasing here because I can’t get them in Thailand. All before I leave. Tomorrow. 

PS I promise to tell you about Arvon as soon as I can.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like you have a very busy time ahead of you!! Good luck with it all!

Where you moving to?

C x

Queenie said...

Such a tease!! Hope it all goes well.

Flowerpot said...

will bemost interested to hear about Arvon as a friend over here is going. Safe journey JJ.

Jackie Luben said...

Have a good trip.

- Susan - said...

Have a good trip back home to Thailand!

I am here, in Thonglor, and have difficulties to sleep at night because of all that street and A/C noise...

Still looking for an appartment in a quiet but central area.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!!!
Take it easy.

All the best, Boonsong

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Looking forward to you catching up on all your 'To Do List' and hearing about Arvon. x