Friday, July 23, 2010

Leo the dog

I've blogged about Leo before: here and here.

When I was back in the UK last October Leo had pulled my Dad over in the garden causing Dad to break is ischium (part of the pelvis.)

He was a year old (Leo, not my Dad) and showing no signs of growing up. He'd eaten two beds and hidden all his bowls in the garden. By way of helping, I went out and bought Leo a lovely bed with a soft liner. While I was in the pet shop I got 6 new cat bowls and 4 more dog bowls.

So I'm home again now and Leo is nearing two and still showing no signs of maturity. He's eaten the bed I bought him and only has the soft liner to sleep on. This is removed during the day when he is liable to eat it and returned to him at bedtime. There is no sign of the bowls I purchased. All the bowls are being removed to a stash in the garden. He is not willing to reveal to us where it is.

12 comments:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

Gorgeous! Makes me miss Megan, my parents' labrador. She brings her bed to anyone who arrives at the house and sometimes tries to take it with her on walks.

She's now 9 and shows little sign of growing up, but has at least grown out of her sock eating phase. (Not wanting to be gross, but they came out the other end still in one piece...) x

[Had to delete previous comments due to embarrassment at spelling/grammar errors!]

Anonymous said...

Have you considered therapy for Leo? Does he look troubled? Did he have enough toys as a puppy?
I worry for him.

All the best, Boonsong

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

What a beautiful dog. My sister has a bitch that looks very similar and she's beautiful and very well behaved, until it comes to eating things. I've never seen a dog demolish toys, shoes, etc as quickly as that dog can.

Harriet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Harriet said...

Haha. I just read the post out to nanny and she sat laughing hysterically at it. Leo really is the monster dog. Right now he is spread about the newly cleaned floor, demolishing the cats bowl after secretly finishing of the CAT'S milk. Oh lord...

Denise said...

Aw, what a gorgeous looking dog. My rabbits have similar tendencies with beds and bowls, but then they're supposed to dig I suppose. Maybe he's a rabbit in disguise!

sheepish said...

I don't want to worry you but two is still very much a juvenile, he won't grow up for a few more years yet!!!!! He looks adorable so I don't suppose anyone minds his idiosyncratic[i.e. daft] behaviour.

MoonDog said...

oh but what a beautiful boy he is! ps my lab mix as a child didnt slow down at all until she was close to 9! we didnt say goodbye until she was 16.

Liane Spicer said...

He IS a cutie. I'd find it hard to be stern with him when he has that expression on his face.

DJ Kirkby said...

Oh but that face....awwwwwwww!Love him!

J_on_tour said...

What a classic picture