Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My favourite place

My whole childhood is punctuated by trips to Bodiam Castle. With a variety of dogs - over the years - we always took guests there; our cousins, some German friends, Japanese girls, whenever we wanted to show off a bit of the South East of England, we drove down to Bodiam.

On our way back from Hastings, I drove Daughter and her friend (without the aid of the Sat Nav: I am so clever) to Bodiam Castle. It's a tradition; you can't not do it.

I love it so much.



























































In my eyes, Bodiam Castle just got cooler when Adam Ant jumped from a window and into the moat in one of his videos. Though I've trawled YouTube for Adam and the Ants videos (oh I had a lovely time) I can't find out which one it was.

4 comments:

Carol said...

I can see why you love it!! Gorgeous :-)

C x

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

It's exactly what a castle should look like.

I remember the Adam Ant video well, sigh.

Chris Stovell said...

I love Bodiam - although narrowly missed being felled by a falling branch there!

Madam Stan - Ant Liberation Front said...

Hi there!

Yes such a beautiful castle :")

The Adam & the Ants video is 'Ant Rap' and it features throughout. The jumping scene is right at the end.

Click for Ant Rap video on YouTube

Madam Stan x
Ant Lib Online - Adam & the Ants Community Outpost