Tuesday, July 27, 2010

View for a view

I'd never lived in a city until I came to Bangkok. I lived for about ten months in London but it doesn't feel as though that counts for anything any more.

I love living in a city because it's so different from my natural habitat and I know it won't be forever. But. Sometimes I feel I might go mad if I don't get away from the concrete.

(You can see examples of views from our apartment in Bangkok here and here.)

When I arrived for my week at Arvon Foundation's Moniack Mhor I worried I might spend all my time looking out of the windows.

I did do a lot.

But OMG, just look:







(It's very badly pasted together by me in Photoshop but I think you get the idea.)

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

An amazing view. I have a view of a main road from my house! Bit rubbish really. I would love a view like that.

Queenie said...

Wow. Just... wow.

Flowerpot said...

That's incredible JJ. Enjoy your week - or is it over?

Carol said...

Scottish mountains *sigh* makes me feel a bit homesick..not been to Scotland since February (and that was Glasgow and we were only there for two days!!)

Glad your enjoying the view (and hope the writing is going well!)

C x

Jenny Beattie said...

Lily, you can enlarge this picture and paste it up if you like! That's what I want to do.

Queenie, Yup.

Flowerpot, yes, done it. Very enjoyable it was too.

Carol, that's not surprising at all. You're coming to Thailand sooner than Scotland, aren't you?

Anonymous said...

Great view. I'm a townie, but I love a little time in an urban environment and then a whike in the sticks. But this view is excellent.

All the best, Boonsong

DJ Kirkby said...

Is it possible to love an inanimate oject? Just asking 'cos I love that photo!

PT Writer said...

What a lovely photo! I feel very proud to be Scottish when I see/read people admiring the beautiful countryside we have here. I sometimes take it for granted and I shouldn't!

I love the fact I live near enough in the city centre but within 15minutes I can be in the wilderness like the photo! Beautiful!