Tuesday, July 20, 2010

What else?

One day we had the car for the whole day so we went up towards Sevenoaks to Castle Farm, home to the Hop Shop. Long term readers will remember this trip the year before last. It was so unexpected that as I spotted them from the train, I gasped out loud. 

Of course they look exactly the same as last time but somehow, I don't tire of seeing them. They are so beautiful.


It didn't take long to admire them and visit the gorgeous shop so I suggested we shoot back down the A21 to the pebbly beach at Hastings. I've already blogged about the pebble angels it was a lovely afternoon but once we'd finished our lunch (chips) we set off home, via one more place. It is almost my favourite place (not) in Kent but just over the border into Sussex. I will cover that in tomorrow's blog.



8 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

We have a lavender farm over here and I never tire of seeing the rows in full bloom.

Karen said...

Wow, that really is beautiful :o)

The seagull not so much. I was attacked by one once and am terrified of them!

Unknown said...

beautiful - hope your are writing away in Scotland!
lx

Carol said...

Lavender fields are just stunning...we don't have any round here but we do have poppy fields and turning a corner to see a field of red is simply gorgeous!

Hope the writing is going well

C x

HelenMWalters said...

Beautiful lavender. I can almost smell it!

Anonymous said...

Love the photos. Do you miss the seagulls in Thailand?

All the best, Boonsong

Jungle Girl said...

What a beautiful picture. Funnily enough I was just thinking the other day that lavender plants and essential oils are one of the things I miss most living in Thailand. Lots of people ask if it's food, UK newspapers, shops, but no I'd have to say the most nostalgia inspiring, homesickness inducing thing for me, is Lavender.

CC Devine said...

Gorgeous picture!