Friday, November 30, 2007

Tagged by Liz

Liz tagged me for the middle name meme which requires that I list the rules first:
1. You have to post these rules before you give the facts.
2. Players, you must list one fact that is somehow relevant to your life for each letter of your middle name. If you don't have a middle name, just make one up...or use the one you would have liked to have had.
3. When you are tagged you need to write your own blog-post containing your own middle name game facts.
4. At the end of your blog-post, you need to choose one person for each letter of your middle name to tag. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

Okay, this won’t take long: I’ve got a shortie.

J Jobs. I have spent nearly all of my adult life looking at the jobs pages. Even when I worked (in the conventional job market) I still perused the situations vacant pages. I can’t explain why; perhaps I’m obsessed about the perfect job. I have now been out of the conventional job market far longer than I was ever in it and I live in Thailand where it is extremely hard to find a paying job that will be eligible for a work permit, yet I still scrutinize the newspaper. I don't even want a job.

O Optimism. My middle name, Joy, was a maternal act of pure optimism. I was, according to my mother, quite the worst sleeper ever. I woke her every night – on a good night 2 or 3 times and on a bad, 4 or 5 times. I disturbed her sleep every night for two and a half years apart from two nights which she spent wide awake checking I hadn’t died. My father, who is a doctor, refused to help her because he told her he might ‘kill a patient the next day through lack of sleep.’

Y Why? (Yes, I know I’m cheating, but I don’t speak Yiddish, yoga is boring and I don’t like to think that I yammer.) I’m not a person who will tell you instantly what I think; in fact, most times I don’t know. I write because it makes me work out what I think, how I feel and why things are as they are.

And now I tag anyone who hasn't done this meme yet, and wants to do it.

5 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

What a lovely middle name!

Agree totally with 'Y'. I have to mull things over for ages before giving an opinion (or making a decision). Writing certainly helps:-)

(and I'm disappointed you can't speak Yiddish:-)

Flowerpot said...

I agree - lovely middle name. And I too pore over job ads even though I wouldn't swap what I do for anything!

Leigh Forbes said...

Men are good at thinking up these excuses, but your Dad's is quite the best I've ever heard!

Jenny Beattie said...

Lane, I'm told that's the Libran in us!

I'm very sorry about the Yiddish.

Flowerpot, it's weird one, isn't it? I know know WHY I do it.

Leigh, Thank you - I'll let him know. It's certainly not one to be arugued with, is it? Of course I don't know whether my mum ever told him she might kill me!

JJx

Carol said...

I look at the job pages too

*whispers* all the time!!

I'm kinda glad to know that it's not just me :-)

C x