Thursday, September 25, 2008

Gecko Cartoon time

Can you see the smile on his face in the first picture?

I sit in the chair by my balcony window, writing ... and sometimes gazing out at the entertainment. He's stolen 3 flies/moths from the colony of ants on the balcony.


Today I've written 1,048 words without the need for paracetamol! However, I did catch myself asking aloud if I wanted a cup of tea. Nothing too alarming in that, except that it was in a Yeovil accent. I've never lived in Yeovil, but I think I may be going a bit stir crazy. Hmmm, and it's only day 2.


Tonight's movie is Miss Congeniality. More mush for my worn out brain. I think Sandra Bullock is hugely talented - and this film makes me laugh out loud.

*****

Thank you to Lovely Leigh who has given me this gorgeous award for welcoming her to the blogging world a year ago. Is it really only a year? I feel I've known her longer than that.


Now, for my own nominees: Helen at Redders, Husband who hasn't got a blog, but left my first message, which was beyond exciting and still reads my blog today... Spiral Jen, Caroline and Liz F. Really, I'd include all the Novel Racers because they made me feel so welcome.

10 comments:

Lane Mathias said...

First class entertainment you've got there!

Well done on the words!

Jenny Beattie said...

Thanks Lane. Isn't he funny? That smile...

Yvonne said...

Amazing progress, you're an inspiration! Those kind of films are the only ones I can watch while I'm writing - my brain is like swiss cheese afterwards.

CL Taylor said...

I *heart* geckos. So much so that I've got 2 tattooed on my back! When I saw one for real in Nepal I was so tempted to smuggle it back to Britain in my rucksack!

Pat Posner said...

I love geckos, too!
Adopt him as a lucky mascot, JJ,because your word count is great.

Amanda said...

What a great view from your writing window! I'm looking at a wall - I need to change that don't I? - Hardly feng shui!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love gekkos, so cute.

Congratulations on your award and well done with the continued high word count. x

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Cally, not really? I want to see them! I love geckos too, I wish we had them here, my cat does her best to scoff all the flying buzzing things in our house but she can't walk up the walls and over the ceiling. (Then again, she's more cuddly than the average gecko.) Very well done on the word count, see it's obviously the extra 600-odd words you did the day before that made you need the paracetamol, stick to just over the 1000 and you'll be fine ;-)

uphilldowndale said...

I have a wonderful geckos broach, it has been through the wash on more than one occasion.
Mr Uhdd had one living in his rucksack when we were in Sarawak

Caroline said...

I love geckos - have one on my back :)

Thanking you for my award. :)
x