Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Saturated

Words written yesterday: 500
Words written today: 700.
Total words this week: Just under 8,000
Total words in WIP: Just under 12,000

There are maybe a 1,000 in my notebook too.

But, I reckon I’ve reached saturation point. I’m knackered, and need a holiday! I had hoped to go back home with a tan, but I’m as pasty white as I was when I arrived. Tomorrow, if the sun comes back out, I might sit by the pool.

In total I’ve got around 12,000 words and when my mentor has been appointed I will need to send the first 10,000 to be critiqued, which was really what this was about.

Hopefully I’ve learned that if I can write flat out here, I can get on and do that in Bangkok too.

Thank you for all your encouragement. I kept going because I wanted to be able to come here and tell you how much I had managed to write.

10 comments:

Yvonne said...

That's excellent JJ, you really deserve a holiday! I just can't keep up that level of word count for very long without a break, and I can't think of a better place to enjoy it than where you are now.

Flowerpot said...

BRILLIANT JJ!! Give yourself a huge pat on the back - and carry on after your holiday. You can do it!

Amanda said...

That is a brilliant word count! I've burnt myself out too. I find it impossible to go on for too long without a break!

Lane Mathias said...

Well done JJ. See, you can do it!! And do loads of it.

Enjoy your day by the pool. Well deserved:-)

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

JJ, I'm so proud of you! 8000 words in a week is a terrific word count by most writers' standards. And, yes, you now know how to do it - if you can manage, say, two 1000-word days a week while you're in Bangkok, you'll have the first draft done by next summer. It's entirely do-able, you know. Enjoy your break, you've earned it.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Blimey, you certainly deserve a holiday after that excellent word count.

I don't blame you having a day of relaxation by the pool. What bliss.

CL Taylor said...

JJ that's utterly astonishing! And you're making me feel guilty for not writing a single new word in weeks. Have I missed something? How did you go from writing 100 words a day on Helen's blog to well over 1,000? I want some of that fairy dust please!

Leigh Forbes said...

Wow. 8-o
Just look at that word meter!
I'm dead impressed.
(And just a tinsy bit jealous!)
x

Sue Guiney said...

Yippee! Fantastico! xo

Liane Spicer said...

Good going, JJ! That laptop is smoking!