Thursday, September 18, 2008

HoooRaaaah

Well, this is what much of yesterday was like: blood out of a stone.

But I did it. I wrote 1,021 words and finished the 'cat out of the bag' scene, at 9.50pm. Then I had a bar of chocolate and watched a bit of crappy tv. Bliss.

My MC says "... and there isn’t ANYTHING anyone can say that would make me think otherwise.”

But do you know what? There was. And the other character said it.

They may be no writing today as I'm a lunching lady. I must try to remember not to wear my flip flops. Real expat wives and ladies who lunch do not get refused entry to posh hotels.

I will try and write my 100 words a day when I get back because I'm trying to be a good girl.

13 comments:

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Oh Well Done!!! And if you've done it once, you can do it again - right?

Lane Mathias said...

Well done JJ!

Enjoy your well shoe'd lunch:-)

Caroline said...

Well done you!!!

x

Helen said...

Well done JJ, that is a massive amount!

sheepish said...

Brilliant and I love the pic too, very clever. It never ceases to amaze me how these novels have ideas of their own. Somtimes you just have to go with the flow and see what happens.
Enjoy your lunch.

Unknown said...

You go girl!!!! Hope it was a great lunch :-)

Amanda said...

Well done JJ!

Marcie Steele said...

woohoo!! Well done honey and I love the photo! I wish I could do clever things like that!

my words are coming on too, hence no blogging....you've done four posts by the time I've got round to reading it!

Keep on at now xx

Jenny Beattie said...

Zinnia, oh I hope so. Although not today ... feeling a little jaded!

Thanks Lane.

Caroline, thank you too.

Helen, it nearly killed me but I'm really pleased.

Sheepish, thank you. (Oh dear, I did; rather too much.)

Liz, thanks m'dear. It was fun.

Annie, thank you.

LPlate, thanks hon. I should really spend the time writing though, not showing off with photoshop, eh?

Kate.Kingsley said...

OOOh, dying to find out what the second character said to make the other one think differently.....

Well done on the progress

Karen said...

Great picture. And it's 1,021 more words than I managed all day so well done :o)

Angie said...

I like that image, very cool.

And HUZZAH on finishing the scene and starting a new chapter! That chocolate was well deserved. (Perhaps I need to dangle chocolate in front of my keyboard to get a move on?)

Jenny Beattie said...

Oh, Kate I was quite pleased, if I do say so. Of course when I returned to read it, it wasn't quite so sparklingly good, but hey, more polishing to come...

Karen, thank you m'dear.

Thanks, Angie. Sometimes the dangle of choc works, and sometimes I get so desperate I eat the chocolate ... and then have no dangley thing left to reward myself with!