Thursday, November 06, 2008

Missing
























UPDATE: I had a little blue moment this morning. I've been away being hungover after Tuesday so I posted this to cheer me up. Of course it won't mean anything to any of you, sorry. But I thought it could ... well, stand alone, somehow.

I've come back to explain:

Back in the summer, my sister and I were sitting in the garden, under the fruit trees, at our parents' house. I think we were catching up about life, serious things... until our conversation took a detour:

Me: (pointing at the bottom of the horsechestnut tree) What's that little door?
Her: It's a fairy door.
Me: Who put it there?
Her: (in deadpan, 'how can you be that stupid') The Fairies!

I think maybe you had to be there...

9 comments:

Unknown said...

great photos - first though 100 acre wood and then hobbit. what that says about me I don't know!

Marcie Steele said...

Oh, I first thought of the Magic Faraway Tree. Please say it is JJ....

Well done on the word count, it's huuuggeeeeeeeeee.

Keep on at it girlie. xx

Sue Guiney said...

How cool is that? What is it, actually? Is the door openable? It's fantastic...literally.

Lane Mathias said...

Who live is a house like that??

I really want to go throooough the keyhole:-)

Jenny Beattie said...

Liz, I think it's great and says good things about you.

LPlate, thanks hon. It could be the Magic Faraway Tree!

SueG, I didn't try to open the door. I thought it might be rude. And of course it does have a world beyond, because I never opened it.

Lane, can't you just imagine? I love it.

Pat Posner said...

Oh, the tree is Dame Beetle's. Almost sixty years ago!! I had to learn a poem for elocution, I can only remember the first four lines:

Dame Beetle had a shoe shop
Inside a hollow oak
Where she made shoes for pixies
And other fairy folk...

Aaaargh, I wish I could remember the rest. Does anyone know it?

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I love that tree with it's fairy door. I want one too.

Your conversation sounds like the sort of one I'd have with my mother.

HelenMWalters said...

I think it must be a little known door to Narnia.

Carol said...

I love this picture honey....Ooohhh the possibilities behind that little door...

C x