Thursday, November 20, 2008

A rude one

I was thinking of all the good signs that my writing is going well.
  1. Climbing word count
  2. A numb bum (or butt for our American friends)

And then, before I could finish my list, I got an email from my friend Jane (*waves*) that made me chuckle. Most of us use those emoticon things - I quite like the ones made up of punctuation but I don't like animated yellow faces: I think they're a bit creepy. Here's a bit of her email:

'ARSE-ICONS?'

(_!_) a regular arse

(__!__) a fat arse (or perhaps, a writer’s arse?)

(!) a tight arse

(_*_) a sore arse

{_!_} a swishy arse

(_x_) kiss my arse

(_E=mc2_) a smart arse

(_$_) Money coming out of his arse

(_?_) Dumb arse

I felt compelled to find one for numb arse, which is what I was complaining of... So how about:

(..!..) Instant glory for whoever can leave a better one in my comments.

UPDATE: I gather you can't do them in the comments box, but if you can be arsed (sorry) to send me one to 4pmteatime at gmail dot com I'll post them up tomorrow. Not just numb bum but any bum!

12 comments:

Pat Posner said...

(123numberum)
Aaaagh, I can't DO it here. The ER is crossed out and UM added in its place - making (123numbum)

Chris Stovell said...

Ha! What a useful list! right, now off to make my bum as numb as possible!

Lane Mathias said...

Ha!

Today I feel like a ( )


Lazy arse.

hesitant scribe said...

These are great!!!

sheepish said...

Couldn't think of anything relevant but it gave me a laugh which is always good.Thanks.

Karen said...

I know which one I am!!

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

( )
vvv!vvv - Well that's my useless
attempt!!!

Loved your friend's email though, brilliant.

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

Oh bum, it didn't work at all!

HelenMWalters said...

These really made me laugh!

Angie said...

JJ, these are too funny.

Here's my measly attempts:
Dimpled arse (~!~)
Pancake arse (_!_)
Numb arse (,,!,,)

Leigh Forbes said...

Ah, this really cheered me up.
Ta muchly.
x

Jenny Beattie said...

Hello all, I'm glad they cheered some folk and I'm delighted to see some more from others. I am still chortling; I guess I'm easily pleased.